CAUTION: Hazards to Humans
WARNING: amitraz is toxic for cats and horses!s; Harmful if swallowed, inhaled or absorbed through skin.
Causes moderate eye irritation. Avoid contact with skin, eyes or clothing. Avoid breathing spray mist.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Applicators and other handlers must wear Long-sleeved shirt and long pants, chemical-resistant gloves made of any waterproof material (such as Natural Rubber), shoes, socks and protective eyewear. Follow manufacturer’s instructions for cleaning / maintaining PPE. if no such instructions for washables exist, use detergent and hot water. Keep and wash PPE separately from other laundry.
• Call a poison control centre or doctor immediately for treatment advice.
• Have the person sip a glass of water if able to swallow.
• Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by a poison control centre or doctor.
• Do not give anything to an unconscious person.
• Move person to fresh air.
• If the person is not breathing, call 911 or an ambulance, then give artificial respiration, preferably mouth-to-mouth, if possible.
• Call a poison control centre or doctor for further treatment advice.
If on Skin or Clothing:
• Take off contaminated clothing.
• Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15 to 20 minutes.
• Call a poison control centre or doctor for treatment advice.
If in Eyes:
• Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15 to 20 minutes.
• Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eye.
• Call a poison control centre or doctor for treatment advice. Have the product container or label with you when calling a poison control centre or doctor or going for treatment.
|Composition||Active Ingredient: Amitraz 12.5 %|
|Mode of Action||Amitraz has a detachment effect: if they are not directly killed, ticks leave the host before completing or even initiating their blood meal. Amitraz also has a repellent effect that keeps many ticks away from treated animals.|
|--||Charge at rate of 1L/500L of water and replenish at 1L Almatix/ 250 litres water.|
|--||40mls/ 20litres water. Mix enough for only one day use. For pigs|
|--||WITHDRAWAL PERIOD: Milking may follow immediately the animal if drip is dry, Allow 3 days after application before slaughter|
|Animals||Livestock (cattle, sheep, pigs etc.)|
|Target/Pests||Ticks, Fleas, Scab and Mange Mites and certain species of Lice|