In this category you will find books that inspire, motivate, support, and just generally give you the kick that you need in your career, personal life, love life, health and fitness regimen, or otherwise. If you have personal problems or weaknesses that you are interested in improving, then self-help books may be something to consider. Self-help books have the power to give you insights, information, and instructions on how to improve your life, thinking, or circumstances. Many self-help books offer strategies that the author has personally used to improve their lives, while others are based on research and scientific inquiry. While motivational books or speeches create a positive and optimistic impact on your life. They boost your confidence and help in developing a positive outlook towards life. Books make you realize how powerful you can be in your life. There are many best-selling authors in this category whose books are enough motivating and inspiring to change an individual’s life.
Self Motivation: Staying Motivated to Reach Your Goals. Self motivation is the ability to drive oneself to take initiative and action to pursue goals and complete tasks. It's an inner drive to take action — to create and to achieve.
One of the great things about self improvement is that one action taken to improve yourself tends to boost your motivation, and increase your chances of successfully achieving your other goals.
Motivate yourself to study
- Acknowledge your resistance and difficult feelings with motivation It may be helpful to write these feelings or thoughts down and then leave these on the side so you can then study.
- Do not run away Avoiding work can make you feel deflated. This is emotionally more draining than having to go through the frustration of reading for your paper.
- Do not blame yourself for procrastinating now and then Try to become aware of the habit and gently make yourself to go back to the task sooner rather than later.
- Try to understand your studying style better What will make it easier for you to work? We are all prone to pleasant experiences and it is natural that we tend to avoid uncomfortable, dry chores and duties. So try to make your study experience as interesting as possible.
- Don't question your abilities Don't put yourself down by comparing yourself to others.
- Visualise yourself starting Make yourself sit down and work even if this is for just 20 minutes. See starting as a parallel process like a plane on a runway. You may start slow but you will still take off!
- Focus on the task at hand Prioritise the most important tasks and avoid multitasking.
- Communicate to others any difficulties and/or what you intend to do This can help you engage with the process and identify the important tasks. Communication / externalisation can help you to commit with immediate goals and you could also find out others points of view and tips.
- Take a time limited approach in which you schedule your tasks Ask yourself 'how much can I achieve in the next 2 hours?' instead of 'Can I complete all tasks?' In this way you do not get as easily overwhelmed by the volume of study you need to do.
- Remember that studying can be challenging and take you out of your comfort zone Think about the hiking of Mountain Kilimanjaro; it is not easy and can even be uncomfortable but the pleasure comes when you begin to see the view from height, feel the fresh air and when you reach the destination you get a sense of achievement and satisfaction. Focus on the outcome and not the struggle to get there!
Self-mastery and growth - Some people are clearly motivated by self-mastery — that motivation to develop and grow. For them, it is their life path. This desire is so powerful that it can drive you towards your self wholeness. But to do it, you should take a certain form of risk and go out your comfort zone
To be specific, self-motivation is the internal drive that leads us to take action towards a goal. It keeps us moving forward, even when we don't want to. An example of this is when you're going for a run. You set a goal to run for 20 minutes, but at 15 minutes you're exhausted.
Motivational Books of All Time
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.
- How to Win Friends & Influence People.
- Think and Grow Rich.
- Awaken the Giant Within.
- As a Man Thinketh.
- The Greatest Salesman in the World.
- Don't Sweat the Small Stuff.
- How to Win Friends and Influence People.
- Man's Search for Meaning.
- The Power of Positive Thinking.
- Awaken the Giant Within.
- The Power of Now.
- The Four Agreements.