A salad dish is a mix of raw ingredient vegetables such as lettuce, kale or spinach. There are a lot of different types of salads out there. Most of these salads can be categorized into three different subgroups: tossed, composed, and bound.
Tossed salad – they are made by tossing ingredients (and usually dressing) in a haphazard way, so that they end up evenly mixed.
Composed salad – these are well, composed. While the ingredients in a tossed salad are thrown together with dressing, the ingredients in a composed salad are carefully assembled from the ground up with a certain structure in mind.
Bound salad – these are held together with a binding agent like mayonnaise or a thick dressing. They look a bit different than traditional composed or tossed salads, as vegetables aren't a requirement. This is a kind of salad you'll often find at traditional picnics or potlucks.
Salad, any of a wide variety of dishes that fall into the following principal categories: green salads; vegetable salads; salads of pasta, legumes, or grains; mixed salads incorporating meat, poultry, or seafood; and fruit salads.
- Salad Caprese. - Caprese salad is a simple Italian salad, made of sliced fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, and sweet basil, seasoned with salt, and olive oil. It is usually arranged on a plate in restaurant practice. Like pizza Margherita, it features the colours of the Italian flag: green, white, and red.
- Salade Niçoise. - a salad that usually consists primarily of olives, tomatoes, anchovies, tuna, and beans or green vegetables. Salade niçoise, salada nissarda in the Niçard dialect of the Occitan language, insalata nizzarda in Italian, is a salad that originated in the French city of Nice.
- Cobb Salad. - The Cobb salad is a main-dish American garden salad typically made with chopped salad greens, tomato, crisp bacon, fried chicken breast, hard-boiled eggs, avocado, chives, blue cheese, and red-wine vinaigrette. The ingredients are laid out on a plate in neat rows
- Ceaser Salad. - A Caesar salad is a green salad of romaine lettuce and croutons dressed with lemon juice, olive oil, egg, Worcestershire sauce, anchovies, garlic, Dijon mustard, Parmesan cheese, and black pepper. In its original form, this salad was prepared and served tableside
- Waldorf Salad. - A Waldorf salad is a fruit and nut salad generally made of fresh apples, celery, walnuts, and grapes, dressed in mayonnaise, and traditionally served on a bed of lettuce as an appetizer or a light meal. The apples, celery, and grapes can all be green, which harmonizes the color palette of the dish.
- Larb Salad. - Larb is a type of Lao meat salad that is the national dish of Laos, along with green papaya salad and sticky rice. Larb is also eaten in other Southeast Asian countries where the Lao have migrated and extended their influence
- Tabbouleh. - Tabbouleh is a Levantine salad made mostly of finely chopped parsley, with tomatoes, mint, onion, bulgur, and seasoned with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and sweet pepper. Some variations add lettuce, or use semolina instead of bulgur.
- Olivier Salad. - Olivier salad is a traditional salad dish in Russian cuisine, which is also popular in other post-Soviet countries and around the world.
Types of salads
- Green Salad. - Mixed greens, red leaf lettuce, green leaf lettuce and spinach all work well. Cucumber: Add cucumber to salad recipes because it is refreshing and adds a nice crunchy texture. Cherry Tomatoes: Grape tomatoes or sliced whole tomatoes would also work well.
- Fruit Salad. - Fruit salad is a dish consisting of various kinds of fruit, sometimes served in a liquid, either their own juices or a syrup. In different forms, fruit salad can be served as an appetizer, a side salad. When served as an appetizer, a fruit salad is sometimes known as a fruit cocktail, or fruit cup
- Rice And Pasta Salad. - One of the advantages of rice salad is its versatility. It can be seasoned with different ingredients that never bore the palate and provide a wide variety of nutrients. What's more, if prepared with the right ingredients, it can become a one-of-a-kind, health-friendly dish.
- Bound Salad. - A "bound" salad can be composed (arranged) or tossed (put in a bowl and mixed with a thick dressing). They are assembled with thick sauces such as mayonnaise. One portion of a true bound salad will hold its shape when placed on a plate with an ice-cream scoop.
- Dinner Salad. - Main course salads (known as dinner salads or as entrée salads in the United States) may contain small pieces of poultry, seafood, or steak. Caesar salad, chef salad, Cobb salad, Chinese chicken salad,
- Dessert Salad. - Dessert salads are dishes made with jellos, whipped toppings, fruits, vegetables, mayonnaise, and various other ingredients. These salads are served at some buffet and cafeterias, and are also served at potlucks and parties. They can be prepared ahead of time and are transportable.