Quality wood furniture is strong and expensive and it will last for years.
Almost any type of wood could be used to make furniture, but some woods have always been favoured for their beauty, durability, and workability.
If you're in the process of furnishing your home or office, this isn't as simple of a question as it seems at first glance. The answer is dependent on your budget and expected usage. In addition to the wood type and quality used in a furniture piece, the process used to create the piece is another factor that greatly impacts the price level of the wood furniture you are considering.
There are two main types of wood materials:
- Solid wood - Includes both hardwoods and softwoods
- Manufactured wood - An engineered material that is often a composite of real wood and synthetic materials.
Advantages of wood furniture
- Strength and durability - Wood furniture is extremely resilient and requires very little maintenance. Wood is a long-lasting natural material that can stand constant abuse, whether it's spills in the kitchen or scratches in the dining room. Solid wood furniture can last for generations with minimum care.
- Easy maintenance - Wood furniture is nearly effortless to maintain. Simply wipe the surface of the wood chair parts with a wood cleaner on a regular basis. Do not allow water or dust to settle on your tables, chairs or armoires for extended periods.
- A decor staple - Adding a piece of wood furniture to a room will completely change its look and feel. Wood furniture offers elegance, charm and sophistication to any room.
- Value - Although you might pay more to begin with for a piece of solid wood furniture, wood is more valuable than other material used in furniture manufacturing. Wood’s natural grain guarantees that each piece of furniture is unique. The initial cost of wood furniture may be higher than lower end materials, but you will reap the benefits for years to come. Depending on your budget, you can select furniture that is manufactured using wood furniture parts in softwood such as pine, or you can opt for furniture that is manufactured using harder, more exotic woods.
- Modifiable - The beauty of wood furniture is that it can be changed over time to give it a second, third or fourth life. By sanding and staining, or painting, you can refinish wood furniture and give it an entirely new look.
Wood furniture means any product made of wood, a wood product such as rattan or wicker, or an engineered wood product such as particleboard that is manufactured under any standard industrial classification
Benefits of Solid Wood Furniture
- Durability. As opposed to the many cheaper materials people use nowadays to make furniture, wood lasts years with very little maintenance.
- Easy Maintenance.
- Unique Pieces.
- Amend ability.
- Wooden Furniture Is Superior.
It is considered as the most expensive wood in the world because not only it is challenging to work with hand or machine tools, its trees are already near-threatened. But as expensive as it may seem, African Blackwood is worth the price
Quality wood furniture is stronger than furniture that comes packed flat in a box, and it will last for years. It'll also look much better for much longer than cheaply-made furniture, like the kind that consists of a thin veneer of hardwood affixed to a lighter and less expensive wood like plywood.