While religion and spirituality are similar in the foundation, they are very different in practice. Religion is an organized, community-based system of beliefs, while spirituality resides within the individual and what they personally believe. “The idea of religion and spirituality is like a rectangle versus a square.
There are some pretty clear ways in which religion and spirituality differ. Religion: This is a specific set of organised beliefs and practices, usually shared by a community or group. Spirituality: This is more of individual practice, and has to do with having a sense of peace and purpose.
Spirituality is the broad concept of a belief in something beyond the self. It may involve religious traditions centring on the belief in a higher power, but it can also involve a holistic belief in an individual connection to others and to the world as a whole.
Spirituality involves the recognition of a feeling or sense or belief that there is something greater than myself, something more to being human than sensory experience, and that the greater whole of which we are part is cosmic or divine in nature.
People may identify as being any combination of religious and spiritual, but to be religious does not automatically make you spiritual or vice–versa.
- Bible - The Bible is a collection of religious texts or scriptures sacred in Christianity, Judaism, Samaritanism, and many other faiths
- Buddhism - Buddhism is an Indian religion or philosophical tradition based on a series of original teachings attributed to Gautama Buddha.
- Children's Christian Stories
- Christian Activities, Crafts & Games
- Christianity - Christianity is an Abrahamic monotheistic religion based on the life and teachings of Jesus of Nazareth.
- Hinduism - Hinduism is the world's oldest religion, according to many scholars, with roots and customs dating back more than 4,000 years.
- Islam - Islam is an Abrahamic monotheistic religion whose central text, the Quran, is considered by followers, known as Muslims, to be the word of God.
- Judaism - Judaism is an Abrahamic, monotheistic, and ethnic religion comprising the collective religious, cultural, and legal tradition and civilization of the Jewish people.
- New Age - New Age is a range of spiritual or religious practices and beliefs that rapidly grew in the Western world during the 1970s.
- Religious Conflict - A religious war or a war of religion, sometimes also known as a holy war, is a war that is primarily caused or justified by differences in religion
- Religious Studies - Religious Studies investigate the most basic components of human society and culture. The key to understanding the fundamental motivations for the behaviour of human groups lies in the knowledge of religious beliefs and practices.
- Sacred Texts - Religious texts are those sacred and central to the teachings of almost every given religion.
- Sikhism & Sikhs - Sikhism, religion and philosophy were founded in the Punjab region of the Indian subcontinent in the late 15th century. Its members are known as Sikhs. The Sikhs call their faith Gurmat
- Spiritual Literature & Fiction - Visionary fiction is a fiction genre with New Age or mind, body, spirit themes and perspectives, including consciousness expansion, spirituality, mysticism, and parapsychology. It is sometimes classed as a subtype of speculative fiction.
- Spirituality - Spirituality involves the recognition of a feeling or sense or belief that there is something greater than myself, something more to being human than sensory experience, and that the greater whole of which we are part is cosmic or divine in nature.
In this category, you will be able to find all the books in Zambia on Religion & Spirituality